Life is busy, schedules are crammed, and for many, finding the time to prioritise wellbeing can be difficult. Setting goals is the easy bit; sticking to them and maintaining motivation over time is the real challenge. However, with the right approach, mindset, and support, you can not only set achievable personal wellness goals but also stay on track to reach them and transform them into lifelong habits.
Running from October 28 – November 26, the Dubai 30×30 Fitness Challenge aims to inspire everyone to dedicate just 30 minutes every day for 30 days to build a fitness-focused mindset and seek healthy, active lifestyles. This presents a great opportunity to assess your individual wellness goals and begin or boost your wellness journey.
Here are some tips to get your 30×30 fitness challenge underway.
Make a plan
Take the time to consider what you would like to achieve, the pace of progress you wish to make, and the activity types that will be the most sustainable for you in the long-term. For added inspiration, check out the VIWELL 30×30 daily tips, with something new and fun every day for you individually and with friends or loved ones.
Once you begin, maintaining enthusiasm becomes key. It is easy for your commitment to wane after a strong start. Here are some ideas to keep you on track.
- Share your plan with a friend or family member; having someone you are accountable to is a powerful motivator.
- Engage in some group fitness activities. We are often more likely to turn up for others than ourselves.
- Set daily reminders on your phone or leave sticky notes where you will see them. Small prompts mean you are less likely to forget or fall back into old habits.
- Track your progress. Mark it off on our calendar or create a journal to log your achievements. Imagine the feeling of satisfaction when you look back and see what you achieved.
Roadblocks are part of any journey, especially when you want to create new habits. Ensure you anticipate these and are prepared to tackle them head-on.
- Lack of time: Of course, you are busy, but prioritising your wellbeing is essential. Set a specific time each day to work on your goal and treat it as non-negotiable.
- Burnout: Don’t push yourself too hard too soon. Committing to at least 30 minutes daily and making consistent and gradual progress is more beneficial than a sprint that will leave you exhausted or injured by the end of week one.
Some days, you will nail it; others, you will struggle to complete your 30 minutes. Here are some ideas to maintain motivation when the going gets tough.
- Visualise success: Imagine how you will feel when you achieve your goal. Visualise yourself feeling healthier, more powerful, and more disciplined.
- Celebrate your wins: Recognise and celebrate your daily achievements to boost your morale and increase your commitment to your goals.
Reflect on your transformation
As you reach the end of your 30-day challenge, take a moment to reflect on your transformation. Notice the physical and mental changes that have come about due to your consistent efforts. You will feel happier, stronger, and more confident in your capabilities. Dubai 30×30 isn’t about hitting the finish line; it’s about enjoying the journey! Progress is what’s important, not perfection. With the right mindset and VIWELL tools and strategies, you can stay on target for your 30×30, remain committed and ultimately improve your overall wellbeing.
To learn more about the Dubai 30×30 Fitness Challenge, visit the official website and use VIWELL’s special-edition 30×30 calendar and limited-time access to our curated content to help you stay on track.