A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive, and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system. If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any information from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
Below is a list of the main cookies we use on our websites and a description of what we use them for
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Session token – jwt
Used to Authenticate user
Need to refresh session after expiry
Used to store Cart Items, Calendar events/reminders etc
Until Logout or until not required
Session token – jwt
Used to Authenticate user
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance and make improvements accordingly.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
2913992 Days, 90 Days
‘facebook advertiser pixel’
A few seconds
YSC, CONSENT, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE
Session, 5933 Days, 180 Days
li_oatml, lms_ads and li_fat_id
We use a number of cookies relating to Google Analytics. These cookies allow us to analyse our website traffic and identify areas of improvement. For full details of the cookies used by Google Analytics click here.
Google Display Network
From time to time we may serve targeted adverts to promote our services on Facebook and Instagram. To enable us to discover and target relevant segments of individuals and ensure the effectiveness of these adverts, our websites contain Facebook cookies. For details of how Facebook adverts work click here.
From time to time we may serve targeted adverts to promote our services on Linkedin. To enable us to discover and target relevant segments of individuals and ensure the effectiveness of these adverts, our websites contain Linkedin cookies. For details of how Linkedin adverts work click here.
Hotjar is a service which provides website session replays, heat maps, visitor journeys and analytics to help us better understand your needs to make improvements which ultimately improve your experience. Neither Hotjar nor we will use this information to identify users or match it with further data. Any data you submit to us through our website will not be visible to nor collected by Hotjar. For details of the cookies used by Hotjar click here.
Web beacons are not cookies however they perform a similar task. We use beacons on our website and emails to understand user behaviour and the effectiveness of our marketing. For example, beacons in our emails may enable us to know that you have opened an email from us which we use to understand the effectiveness of our email marketing efforts.
If you have any concerns or questions about our policies or how we handle your data, you can contact Firas Ahmad, Senior Product Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to: Viwell, 801 Ubora Tower, Dubai, UAE